#swmelb – the Finale
By Alfred Lo
Startup Weekend Melbourne 2012 Part 2
It’s been flat out here at Seed Program headquarters with Winter applications just closing on Wednesday but there’s still the second part of the Startup Weekend Melbourne to write up. But how do you know, there’s something I think that’s way better than my musings. Check out this great article and video by Simon Walker from one of Australia’s leading startup websites, Shoestring Startups:
For those wanting to check out the photos taken at Startup Weekend Melbourne, check out some of the albums on Startup Weekend Australia’s Facebook page.
- Best use of Cloud services by Amazon Web Services, $500 of AWS credits: Corner Storage
- Twitter competition by Amazon Web Services, Amazon Kindle Fire: Frances Goh
- Twitter competition by Optus, Samsung Galaxy S3: Ed Hooper
- Best Mentor (participant voted) by Optus, Samsung Galaxy S3: Mike Casey
- Runner-up of Startup Weekend Melbourne 2012 by Optus, 2 months co-working space in “The Optus Fridge”: Donatify
- Winner of Startup Weekend Melbourne 2012 by Optus, $5,000 cash: Corner Storage
An awesome event. Thank you Melbourne startup entrepreneurs – until next time. Perth, get yourself ready – Startup Weekend is going to hit your city for the first time this September!