If youʼre a creative, disruptive start-up—listen up.
Applications are now closed
Successful applications receive:
We’re partnering with startup investors to co-invest in Australian tech startups currently looking to raise a round between $400k to $900k in what we call pre-Series A round funding. In this round, the Optus-Innov8 Seed Program via SingTel Innov8 will invest up to $250k in a startup. If we’re leading a round, our preference is to use a convertible note but we’re also comfortable to follow a priced round.
We’ll be offering three months free rent at tech co-working spaces in Melbourne or Sydney.
Startup industry mentors and Optus experts will give your startup additional guidance. We’ll be an extra pair of eyes, a second opinion or a wake-up call.
Access to our telecommunication network e.g. satellite, ISP, HFC, LTE, etc. services and know-how. We are one of Australia’s leading telecommunications companies, after all.
We’ll work with you to explore how your startup can best take advantage of the wide range of unique and hard-to-reach assets that Optus and the SingTel Group have at hand.
Series A funding networks and beyond
Well-established local and international funding networks, accessible through the SingTel Innov8 venture capital network.
Access to customers
With access to more than 462 million mobile subscribers, Optus and the SingTel Group provides startups with the potential to expand across Australia and further into Asia to reach new customer markets.
Some things about applying to our Program:
- Since opening our first Seed Program applications in July 2012, we’ve made two investments. It’s our goal to make six to eight investments in our first 12 months.
- Our preference will remain with startups graduating from incubator programs, but we’ll assess outstanding startups that have got off the ground on their own.
- We’ll be bringing back our Pitch Days for the top startup applicants. Applicants must attend in person and will be responsible for their own travel expenses.
- Whilst our main startup investment activity will be at our Winter and Summer pitch events, the Program will continuously monitor investment opportunities and can make investments throughout the year.
- Don’t forget to check out what you need to be eligible.
The program’s focus is in the following areas:
- Mobility Solutions
- Digital Convergence
- Digital Disruption
We’ll revisit these periodically, but it should give you a good guide as to your startup’s fit with our Program.